Emotional Skills Group / DBT
Life is often unpredictable and there are plenty of situations that are outside of your control. This group is about teaching you the skills to help manage what you can control… your response to what life throws your way. We will teach you skills to:
- Grow in your self-awareness
- Navigate social interactions in healthy ways to promote positive relationships
- Proactively avoid impulsive emotional reactions and behaviors you regret later
- Effectively tolerate distressing events when you cannot change your circumstances
Teen Emotional Skills Group / DBT
This group is for high school-aged girls. Spend a day learning about yourself and how to handle distressing situations using healthy coping mechanisms.
The following Saturdays from 9:00am to 5:00pm:
September 21, 2019 – Distress Tolerance
October 19, 2019 – Emotion Regulation
November 16, 2019 – Interpersonal Skills
January 18, 2020 – Distress Tolerance
February 15, 2020 – Emotion Regulation
March 21, 2020 – Interpersonal Skills
Session cost: $175. Lunch and materials are included.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-649-0624
Click here for more information.
Spiritual Abuse Group
This is an eight-week group therapy for men and women who have been hurt by a past church or religious experience. This group provides a venue for participants to tell their story and ultimately seeks to lay a foundation upon which grief, lament, and forgiveness can eventually be built.
Created For Connection / Hold Me Tight® Couples Workshop
What: This one-day workshop is being offered by EFT trained alum Brad Werner and Alicia Seidler, LPC through Crosspoint Church and Revision Christian Counseling. This workshop is based upon two books by Dr. Sue Johnson – Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love and Created for Connection: The “Hold Me Tight” Guide for Christian Couples, which she wrote with Ken Sanderfer. These books offer a revolutionary new way to see and shape love relationships and is modeled after Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT). You and your partner will learn to:
- Share your deepest needs and desires with your partner
- Create an environment for real understanding within your relationship
- Recognize and then disable common and repetitive patterns
- Deepen your emotional and physical connection
- Restore the intimacy you once shared
- Create a safe, secure and loving bond which enhances trust
- Perpetuate what you’ve learned for a lifetime of love
When: Saturday, September 14th 2019 from 8:30am to 5:00pm
Where: Crosspoint Church at 5001 Little Rock Road, St. Louis, MO 63128
Cost: The early bird price is $299 per couple through August 31st. After this, the price is $350. Reservations must be in by Monday, September 9th.
Child-Parent-Relationship (CPR) Training
This is an ten-week group therapy session focused on teaching parents how to use play therapy to improve the behavior of and interaction with their children.